A video is a powerful tool for businesses looking to capture the attention of Gen Z, the generation born between the mid-1990s and mid-2010s. But with so many videos vying for their attention, how can you ensure yours stands out? In this blog post, we’ll provide tips for creating a video that appeals to Gen Z, including targeting, style, and content. As a video production company, we have experience creating videography for various audiences, and we’re excited to share our insights with you.
Before diving into the specifics of creating a Gen Z-targeted video, it’s essential to understand why it matters. Gen Z is a large and influential demographic that has grown up with technology and social media. They are accustomed to having access to instant information and have a shorter attention span than previous generations. Creating a video that speaks to their interests and values is vital to capturing their attention and making a connection.
Gen Z has a preference for videos that are engaging and authentic. They don’t want to see content that feels too polished or staged. Instead, focus on creating a video that feels relatable and speaks to their experience. One way to do this is to use a documentary-style approach that shows real people in real situations. Another option is to use animation or graphics that are playful and visually engaging.
The content of your video is just as important as the style. Gen Z is looking for meaningful and relevant content in their lives. This means that your video should tell a story that matters to them. Consider creating an explainer video that breaks down complex topics or issues that are important to them. Alternatively, create a social media video highlighting a cause or issue they are passionate about. The key is to create content that resonates with their values and interests.
Now that you understand why targeting Gen Z matters and what style and content work best, here are some additional tips for creating a video that appeals to this demographic:
- Keep it Short: Gen Z has a shorter attention span than previous generations. Keep your video short and to the point, ideally under two minutes.
- Use Humor: Gen Z appreciates humor and doesn’t take themselves too seriously. Use humor to create a connection and make your video more memorable.
- Add Music: Music can help create an emotional connection and add energy to your video. Choose music that speaks to their tastes and preferences.
- Use Social Media: Gen Z spends a lot of time on social media, so creating videos that are easily shareable on these platforms is essential. Consider creating short-form videos that can be shared on Instagram or TikTok.
- Make it Interactive: Gen Z loves to engage with content. Consider adding interactive elements to your video, such as polls or quizzes.
To wrap up, creating a video that appeals to Gen Z requires a thoughtful approach that considers their preferences and values. As a video production company, Ventus Films has the expertise and experience to help you create a video that resonates with this important demographic. Whether you’re looking to create an explainer video or a social media video, we can help you create a video that captures their attention and creates a connection. Contact us today to learn more about how we can help you with your video production needs!